Loading...
Minutes - LBC - 2016.01.20I MCCALL PUBLIC LIBRARY .-r I I BUILDING T'EEI Building Committee Minutes 20 January, 2016 Called to order 11:00 Bill Thomas Dean Martens Heather Haynes Larry Swan Jacki Rubin Linda Burns Meg Lojek John Powell Lynn Lewinski Minutes approved - 1st Dean, 2nd Larry, all in favor Old business Nexus (out of Salt Lake City) eventually got back to Larry. Sent a narrative of how they operate. They have done big jobs and some smaller libraries. Indicated they would be interested in the RFP. John - for the City, RFP's under $25,000 there are fewer requirements. May not need to get multiple bids or advertise. Further down the road with the architects/engineering we will need to get 3 bids. Meg - RFP will be advertised on City website, library website, possible Star News (not required) and then mailed directly to firms we would like. A company from California saw our minutes and asked we send them the RFP when it is out. Meg - direction from library board regarding RFP. Let the board know of our progress, and we aren't doing the survey right now. They are ok with that. • Meg received a phone call regarding another option - Mike Eck (called) and Mike Anderson (in person) have started an offshoot of the music society non-profit - "Ponderosa Pavilion". They want to buy the land next to Hotel McCall and develop a civic center. They wanted to know if the library would like to be part of that building. If they can acquire the land they would need to start fundraising immediately. They envisioned the library sharing meeting space of the building. Envisioned an endowment to pay for upkeep of the building. Dean says this group has been around for a while. There are two landowners - the Carrey's and the owner of the land used for Farmer's Market and they have now both verbally said they are interested. Discussion of joining with this group led to agreement that Meg will report to the Board that we are cautiously skeptical, unless the Library Board wants us to pursue it. February 26 there will be a Council meeting about city campus plans. John says the Annex will probably remain, and several Committee members disagreed, engaged in passionate debate about the best use of City land and Annex building. Meg - Mayor asked during session what our Committee thinks of using the Annex. Meg reminded them that 10+ years ago the Council voted that when the time came it would be available for the library expansion. Heather - created a sample RFP for a librarian consultant (not architectural/engineering). This will help us draft our first draft for the next meeting. Lynn - described the Bozeman experience This group will bring to the next meeting their "non-negotiables" to put into RFP. 12:01 Motion to adjourn. 1st Heather, 2nd Meg, pass. Minutes Prepared b are r annom, ec etary Respectfully submitted to the Board by Heather Haynes, Chair