Loading...
Minutes - LBC - 2016.02.03li MCCALL PUBLIC LIBRARY BUILDING 11TEE I Building Committee Minutes 3 February, 2016 Called to order 11:03 Dean Martens Andy Laidlaw Heather Haynes Larry Swan Jacki Rubin Meg Lojek Lynn Lewinski Nate Coyle Minutes approved - 1st Karen, 2nd Jacki, all in favor Old Business City Campus update by Nate Coyle. • End of February there will be an important meeting for the city and library to meet with/present to City Council. City goals - Long term home for parks and rec, currently they are split up. Options include: o Move Parks & Rec to museum site - construct a site. o Look at purchasing a new site o Combining P&R with utilities o Gutting and rebuilding annex • Potential for partnerships with Treasure Valley Transit now that they have purchased space next to City Hall. They may be able to to put a department from City Hall into that space. Waiting to hear if that could work. • City is trying to solve the problems of Parks and Rec and having utilities all in one building. • John Powell has evaluated the annex option. He has some initial drawings for a retooled/renovated annex. He was not able to attend the meeting. • If it is feasible, from a cost perspective, to connect offices, the city would be open to that. • • The city is trying to solve it's City Hall and Parks & Rec space issues with less than $600k. • Demolishing the annex and rebuilding would be double the cost and doesn't seem feasible. • One option discussed at City Hall but if Library extended towards the City Hall, the road running in between City Hall and library would go away and run in between City Hall and transit building. There could be a green space/common area that the library could be used. Discussion about the idea of connecting spaces (Library, City Hall, Parks and Rec) allows for sharing an elevator, meeting spaces, bathrooms, etc. Discussion of potential library footprints. Discussion about alternate sites for Parks & Rec. Library Board would prefer to have the mechanical side of Parks & Rec located somewhere else rather than next to the library. Nate needs direction from the City Council that they support the idea of moving mechanical to another site. The committee should still be able put out the RFP. We should have more answers/direction by the time the RFP is awarded. May need to add language in RFP that "we reserve the right to re -negotiate...." if there ends up being an element of including office space/shared space. New Business First draft of RFP • Keep "architectural" - do not change to consulting/designing ' • (Andy) Scope of Services - we provide demographics and usage information, they meet with stakeholders (primary groups), gather information, meet with staff and help us come up with a plan o They should not do the actual surveying -- they provide guidance o #4 Cost estimate o #5 Schematic design We need more time to discuss. Plan to meet next week to work on this. If we run into any City Council members, we should use that opportunity to talk about the library expansion and the city campus. Andy will meet with Meg to talk about Scope of Work section of RFP. Andy will get the square footage footprint files onto Google Drive. We will meet Feb 10. 12:05 Motion to adjourn. 1st Jacki, 2nd Andy, pass. Minutes Prepared by Karen Lannom, Secretary Respectfully submitted to the Board by Heather Haynes, Chair