Loading...
R1387 R E S O L U T I O N NO. 1387 WHEREAS, The Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District's Board of Trustees on February 13, 1974, adopted a policy statement establishing a willingness to use the District's contract authority under its charter to provide with federal and state aid regional interceptor and treatment facilities in the Grand Glaize- Fishpot-Kiefer Creek area, Meramec River watershed, complying with all state and federal clean water laws, contingent upon cooperation of St. Louis County and the municipalities involved; and WHEREAS, the St. Louis County Council, on behalf of the citizens of St. Louis County, unanimously introduced and approved Resolution No. 2219 encouraging The Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District to correct the problem of water pollution in the Grand Glaize-Fishpot-Kiefer Creek area, Meramec River watershed, of St. Louis County; and WHEREAS, the Citizens for Clean County Water, as well as a large segment of the publicly and privately owned sewer systems have indicated tentative approval of the contract plan offered by The Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District to solve the pollution problems in this watershed; NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE METROPOLITAN ST. LOUIS SEWER DISTRICT: The Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District is agreeable to acting as the regional agency to implement a regional plan for interception and treatment of sanitary sewage wastes in the Grand 2 Glaize-Fishpot-Kiefer Creek area, Meramec River watershed, of St. Louis County, in accordance with findings contained in a study conducted under the direction of the East-West Gateway Coordinating Council known as St. Louis County Water Pollution Control Study Phase I - Areas Tributary to the Meramec River. A final determination of the specific program will be made by The Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District upon completion of further studies of engineering, costs, and other pertinent considerations. BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED: Under the proposal of The Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District, the District shall undertake, using its contract authority contained in its charter to construct the regional interception and treatment facilities to be approved by the Missouri Clean Water Commission and the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency. Under the terms of this proposal, each agency, public or private, that connects to the regional facility to be constructed by The Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District with 90 percent state and federal grants, shall pay its proportionate share of the remaining 10 percent construction costs and will pay an operation and maintenance user charge based on the quantity and quality discharged to the regional facility, said user charges to be in compliance with Sec. 204(b) of Public Law 92-500 Federal Water Pollution Control Act. The proposal further provides for an independent audit of the operation and maintenance of the regional facilities to insure that the people served by the regional 3 facilities shall pay only for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the regional facilities and other reasonable costs attributable to the regional facilities; and also to insure that the residents within the present boundaries of The Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District are not taxed or otherwise charged in any way to pay for the construction or operation of the regional facilities outside of the present District boundaries. The foregoing Resolution was adopted March 11, 1974.